Shenandoah Street Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Shenandoah Street Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Shenandoah Street Elementary School's student population of 472 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shenandoah Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Shenandoah Street Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Castle Heights Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 585 students
9755 Cattaraugus Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
(310)839-4528 0.7 K-5 585
- Los Angeles Canfield Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 355 students
9233 Airdrome St.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310)552-2525 0.8 K-5 355
- Los Angeles City Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 348 students
11625 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310)273-2489 0.9 6-8 348
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.