Shivela Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,392 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 69%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 50% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 57% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 57% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Shivela Middle School?
1,392 students attend Shivela Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
47% of Shivela Middle School students are Hispanic, 31% of students are White, 8% of students are Two or more races, 7% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Shivela Middle School?
Shivela Middle School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Shivela Middle School offer ?
Shivela Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
View the Shivela Middle School yearly calendar below.
Review Shivela Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities