Somerset Academy Stephanie
Somerset Academy Stephanie places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||906 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Somerset Academy Stephanie is ranked within the top 20% of all 660 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 1985-1986 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#83 out of 660 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||State-Sponsored Charter Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Lorna J Kesterson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 685 students
231 Bailey Island Dr.
Henderson, NV 89074
(702) 799-6300 1.0 PK-5 685
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.