Sourn Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School
Top Placements (New York)
Sourn Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School is Listed among the top public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Sourn Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School's student population of 287 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sourn Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 4239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Sourn Cayuga 7-12 Secondary School is Southern Cayuga Central School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Southern Cayuga Central School District's student population of 638 students has decreased by 10% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $23,209 in this district is less than the state average of $31,939. The district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $22,072 is less than the state average of $33,406. The district spending/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
|School District Name||Southern Cayuga Central School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||638||902|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||80-89%|
|District Total Revenue||$17 MM||$29 MM|
|District Spending||$16 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$23,209||$31,939|
|District Spending / Student||$22,072||$33,406|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Sourn Cayuga Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 351 students
2384 Rt 34b
Aurora, NY 13026
(315)364-7098 0.1 PK-6 351
- Union Springs Andrew J Smith Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 175 students
26 Homer St
Union Springs, NY 13160
(315)889-7102 8.1 4-6 175
- Union Springs Union Springs High School Grades: 7-12 | 408 students
239 Cayuga St
Union Springs, NY 13160
(315)889-4110 8.9 7-12 408
- Interlaken South Seneca Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 292 students
8326 Main St
Interlaken, NY 14847
(607)869-9636 9.6 K-5 292
- Moravia Millard Fillmore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 472 students
24 S Main St
Moravia, NY 13118
(315)497-2670 10.1 PK-5 472
While teachers and staff are all extremely dedicated to the students, the administration and school board continue to cut programs and teachers and mistrust the student body. This mistrust has led to an unpleasant school atmosphere.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - susie