Canton 41-1 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Canton 41-1 School District serving 693 students in Canton, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Canton 41-1 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||693 students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||345 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||348 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||642 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||80|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||64|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Canton 41-1 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,889 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,574 is less than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,889||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$8,574||$10,920|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.