Top De Smet Public High Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in De Smet, SD, serving 91 students. De Smet, SD public high school have an average math proficiency score of 49% (versus the South Dakota public high school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 80% (versus the 65% statewide average). High schools in De Smet have an average ranking of 9/10, which is in the top 20% of South Dakota public high schools.
- De Smet, SD public high school have a Graduation Rate of 80%, which is less than the South Dakota average of 82%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is De Smet High School - 01, with ≥80% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in South Dakota or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the South Dakota public high school average of 33% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the South Dakota public high school average of 14:1.
Top De Smet, SD Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- De Smet High School - 01 405 3rd St Sw
De Smet, SD 57231
Grades: 9-12 | 91 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?