Top De Smet Public Preschools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in De Smet, SD, serving 166 students. De Smet, SD public preschool have an average math proficiency score of 52% (versus the South Dakota public pre school average of 44%), and reading proficiency score of 57% (versus the 47% statewide average). Pre schools in De Smet have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of South Dakota public pre schools.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the South Dakota public preschool average of 32% (majority American Indian).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the South Dakota public preschool average of 14:1.
Top De Smet, SD Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Elementary - 02 407 Ingalls Ave Sw
De Smet, SD 57231
Grades: PK-5 | 166 students
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.