Gettysburg 53-1 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Gettysburg 53-1 School District serving 197 students in Gettysburg, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Gettysburg 53-1 School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Gettysburg 53-1 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||197 students|
|# of Teachers||20 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||98 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||99 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||9 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||171 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||14|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Gettysburg 53-1 School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 50% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,105 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,708 is less than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,105||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$10,708||$10,920|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.