Lemmon 52-4 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Lemmon 52-4 School District serving 231 students in Lemmon, South Dakota.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the South Dakota state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Lemmon 52-4 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||231 students|
|# of Teachers||20 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||108 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||123 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||211 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||20|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||24|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lemmon 52-4 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 145 school districts in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (SD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,391 is higher than the state average of $11,394. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,465 is higher than the state average of $10,920. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (SD)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,391||$11,394|
|Spending / Student||$13,465||$10,920|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.