South Girard School
- South Girard School's student population of 437 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8|
|Total Students||437 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
- South Girard School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#616 out of 1263 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Phenix City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phenix City Meadowlane Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 207 students
709 Meadowlane Dr
Phenix City, AL 36869
(334)298-2568 0.3 K-5 207
- Phenix City Ridgecrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 765 students
1806 8th Pl So
Phenix City, AL 36869
(334)298-3004 1.0 PK-5 765
- Phenix City Westview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 531 students
1012 Ingersoll Dr
Phenix City, AL 36867
(334)298-4507 2.2 PK-5 531
- Columbus Downtown Elementary Magnet Academy Grades: K-5 | 302 students
1400 1st Ave
Columbus, GA 31901
(706)748-2702 2.5 K-5 302
- Columbus Davis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 381 students
1822 Shepherd Dr
Columbus, GA 31906
(706)748-2638 2.7 PK-5 381
Great school system more technology than expected
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Larry thomas
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.