South Hamilton Middle And High School
- South Hamilton Middle And High School's student population of 365 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||365 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Hamilton Middle And High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#406 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Hamilton Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jewell South Hamilton Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 365 students
404 Blaine St
Jewell, IA 50130
(515)827-5096 0.4 PK-6 365
- Story City Roland-story Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 466 students
900 Hillcrest Dr
Story City, IA 50248
(515)733-4386 7.8 PK-4 466
- Story City Roland-story High School Grades: 9-12 | 338 students
1009 Story St
Story City, IA 50248
(515)733-4329 8.0 9-12 338
- Radcliffe Hubbard-radcliffe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 195 students
Radcliffe, IA 50230
(515)899-2111 10.8 PK-5 195
- Roland Roland-story Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 328 students
206 S Main St
Roland, IA 50236
(515)388-4348 11.7 5-8 328
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.