South Hampton Elementary School
- South Hampton Elementary School's student population of 537 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||537 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Hampton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1208 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Birmingham City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Jackson-olin High School Grades: 8-12 | 890 students
1300 Avenue F Ensley
Birmingham, AL 35218
(205)231-6431 1.7 8-12 890
- Birmingham Hillview Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 324 students
1520 Cherry Ave
Birmingham, AL 35214
(205)379-4050 2.0 K-5 324
- Birmingham Minor Community School Grades: PK-5 | 414 students
3006 Cora Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35224
(205)379-4800 2.5 PK-5 414
- Birmingham Bush Hills Academy Grades: PK-8 | 453 students
900 16th Street West
Birmingham, AL 35208
(205)231-6370 2.7 PK-8 453
- Birmingham Bush Middle Sch-magnet Grades: K-8 | 277 students
1832 Center Way S
Birmingham, AL 35218
(205)231-6000 2.7 K-8 277
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.