South Knox Elementary School
South Knox Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- South Knox Elementary School's student population of 136 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Knox Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,684 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#519 out of 1684 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Knox County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Green Magnet Math And Science Academy Grades: K-5 | 347 students
801 Townview Dr
Knoxville, TN 37915
(865) 594-1324 0.7 K-5 347
- Knoxville Dogwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 648 students
705 Tipton Ave
Knoxville, TN 37920
(865) 579-5677 0.9 PK-5 648
- Knoxville L N Stem Academy Grades: 8-12 | 603 students
401 Henley St
Knoxville, TN 37902
(865) 329-8440 1.0 8-12 603
You can't find a better and more intimate school! I have 2 children there and have been so impressed with the love my children feel here. Faculty, staff, and community members go above and beyond to ensure my children love learning! Also enrichment activities such as STEM Scouts, Student TV News Crew, 4H, Student Counsel, Running Club, and other after school programs give kids additional opportunities to grow academically. This school is growing and bringing pride to the South Knoxville Community.
- Posted by Parent - flpe
I was a little hesitant to send my child to this school based on the run down buildings around with gang tags, but upon meeting the new principal and the teachers, I was sold. The school is a welcoming place. Principal Nicely is a leader with a vision who has brought an sense of excitement and pride to the area. I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - tbnic
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.