South Park High School
South Park High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- South Park High School's student population of 829 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||829 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Park High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#903 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buffalo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo P.S. 27 Hillery Park Academy Grades: PK-8 | 665 students
73 Pawnee Pkwy
Buffalo, NY 14210
(716)816-4770 0.9 PK-8 665
- Buffalo Discovery School Grades: PK-8 | 601 students
911 Abbott Rd
Buffalo, NY 14220
(716)816-4922 1.2 PK-8 601
- Buffalo P.S. 69 Houghton Academy Grades: PK-8 | 511 students
1725 Clinton St
Buffalo, NY 14206
(716)816-4794 1.4 PK-8 511
- Buffalo Bilingual Center Grades: PK-8 | 530 students
157 Elk St
Buffalo, NY 14210
(716)816-4783 1.7 PK-8 530
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.