- Discovery School's student population of 601 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||601 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Discovery School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2406 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Buffalo City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Global Concepts Charter School Grades: K-12 | 964 students
1001 Ridge Rd
Buffalo, NY 14218
(716)821-1903 0.9 K-12 964
- Buffalo South Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 829 students
150 Southside Pkwy
Buffalo, NY 14220
(716)816-4828 1.2 9-12 829
- Buffalo Erie 1 Boces Grades: K-12 | 461 students
355 Harlem Rd
Buffalo, NY 14224
(716)821-7001 1.3 K-12 461
- Buffalo P.S. 27 Hillery Park Academy Grades: PK-8 | 665 students
73 Pawnee Pkwy
Buffalo, NY 14210
(716)816-4770 1.5 PK-8 665
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.