South Senior High School
- South Senior High School's student population of 1,801 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,801 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||112 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- South Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1638 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Minneapolis Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Banaadir Academy Grades: PK-6 | 249 students
1130 7th Street North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
(612) 722-9013 0.6 PK-6 249
- Minneapolis Banaadir South Grades: K-6 | 114 students
2827 26th Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(612) 281-8682 0.6 K-6 114
- Minneapolis Lirio Montessori
3015 13th Av. S
Minneapolis, MN 55407
(612) 293-5314 0.6 n/a n/a
- Minneapolis Aurora Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 188 students
2103 E 26th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404
(612) 200-9590 0.7 5-8 188
- Minneapolis Bdote Learning Center Grades: K-6 | 80 students
3216 E 29th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(612) 729-9266 0.7 K-6 80
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.