Southeast Elementary School
Southeast Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Southeast Elementary School's student population of 255 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southeast Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2418 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lenoir County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Southeast Elementary School is Lenoir County Learning Academy (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kinston Lenoir County Learning Academy Grades: PK-12 | 60 students
2529 Cedar Dell Lane, Haigler-
Kinston, NC 28504
(252)527-4264 0.4 PK-12 60
- Kinston Rochelle Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
301 N Rochelle Blvd
Kinston, NC 28501
(252)527-4290 0.5 6-8 422
- Kinston Northeast Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 486 students
1002 E Highland Ave
Kinston, NC 28501
(252)527-4166 1.4 PK-5 486
- Kinston Lenoir County Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 181 students
231 Hwy 58 South
Kinston, NC 28502
(252)233-6870 1.6 9-13 181
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.