Southern Choctaw Elementary School
- Southern Choctaw Elementary School's student population of 334 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southern Choctaw Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1009 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Choctaw County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gilbertown Southern Choctaw High School Grades: 7-12 | 336 students
10941 Highway 17
Gilbertown, AL 36908
(251)843-5645 0.0 7-12 336
- Butler Choctaw Co High School Grades: 7-12 | 352 students
277 Tom Orr Drive
Butler, AL 36904
(205)459-2139 16.6 7-12 352
- Butler Choctaw Co Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 395 students
201 Tom Orr Drive
Butler, AL 36904
(205)459-3520 16.8 PK-6 395
- Waynesboro Wayne County High School Grades: 9-12 | 946 students
1325 Azalea Drive
Waynesboro, MS 39367
(601)735-2851 22.1 9-12 946
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.