Southside Middle School
- Southside Middle School's student population of 542 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||542 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Southside Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#692 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tallassee City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallassee Tallassee Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 738 students
850 Friendship Rd
Tallassee, AL 36078
(334)283-5001 1.2 PK-4 738
- Notasulga Reeltown High School Grades: PK-12 | 878 students
4085 Al Highway 120
Notasulga, AL 36866
(334)257-3784 7.4 PK-12 878
- Shorter Dc Wolfe School Grades: K-6 | 111 students
4450 Cross Keys Rd
Shorter, AL 36075
(334)727-1641 8.6 K-6 111
- Eclectic Eclectic Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 577 students
35 Harden St
Eclectic, AL 36024
(334)541-2291 10.6 PK-4 577
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.