Special Acres School
- Special Acres School's student population of 27 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
- Special Acres School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1995 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mo Schls For The Sev Disabled School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Juvenile Detention Center Grades: K-12 | 11 students
Hwy 32 East
Farmington, MO 63640
(573)756-5766 1.0 K-12 11
- Park Hills Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 431 students
801 Elm St
Park Hills, MO 63601
(573)431-3300 2.2 5-6 431
- Bonne Terre Unitec Career Center Grades: 10-12
7163 Raider Rd
Bonne Terre, MO 63628
(573)358-2271 4.4 10-12 n/a
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.