Spring View Middle School serves 649 students in grades 6-8.
Spring View Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 649 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 23:1
- Minority Enrollment: 62%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Spring View Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Spring View Middle School's student population of 649 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Spring View Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Spring View Middle School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spring View Middle School's ranking?
Spring View Middle School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Spring View Middle School?
649 students attend Spring View Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
43% of Spring View Middle School students are Hispanic, 38% of students are White, 11% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Spring View Middle School?
Spring View Middle School has a student ration of 23:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Spring View Middle School offer ?
Spring View Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Spring View Middle School part of?
Spring View Middle School is part of Ocean View School District.
Review Spring View Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Nearby Homes for Sale
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.