Springhill Elementary School serves 450 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Springhill Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 67% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 72% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equal to the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 450 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 48%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 67% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 72% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Springhill Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Springhill Elementary School's student population of 450 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Springhill Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Springhill Elementary School is 0.64, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#301 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Springhill Elementary School's ranking?
Springhill Elementary School is ranked #301 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in California.
What schools are Springhill Elementary School often compared to?
Springhill Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Happy Valley Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
67% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 72% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Springhill Elementary School?
450 students attend Springhill Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of Springhill Elementary School students are White, 26% of students are Two or more races, 14% of students are Asian, and 8% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Springhill Elementary School?
Springhill Elementary School has a student ration of 21:1, which is equal to the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Springhill Elementary School offer ?
Springhill Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Springhill Elementary School part of?
Springhill Elementary School is part of Lafayette Elementary School District.
Review Springhill Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.