Lafayette Elementary School serves 512 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Lafayette Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 84% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 81% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 51% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 512 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 51%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 84% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 81% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Lafayette Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Lafayette Elementary School's student population of 512 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lafayette Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Lafayette Elementary School is 0.67, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#103 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lafayette Elementary School's ranking?
Lafayette Elementary School is ranked #103 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
84% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 81% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Lafayette Elementary School?
512 students attend Lafayette Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
49% of Lafayette Elementary School students are White, 25% of students are Two or more races, 15% of students are Asian, 10% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lafayette Elementary School?
Lafayette Elementary School has a student ration of 22:1, which is higher than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Lafayette Elementary School offer ?
Lafayette Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Lafayette Elementary School part of?
Lafayette Elementary School is part of Lafayette Elementary School District.
Review Lafayette Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.