St. Helena College And Career Academy
St. Helena College And Career Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- St. Helena College And Career Academy's student population of 509 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- St. Helena College And Career Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1213 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Helena Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensburg St. Helena Arts And Technology Academy Grades: 3-6 | 347 students
1798 Highway 1042
Greensburg, LA 70441
(225) 222-4364 1.6 3-6 347
- Greensburg St. Helena Early Learning Center Grades: PK-2 | 325 students
1590 La 1042
Greensburg, LA 70441
(225) 222-6291 1.6 PK-2 325
- Roseland Roseland Montessori Grades: PK-8 | 465 students
12516 Times Avenue
Roseland, LA 70456
(985) 748-9307 10.1 PK-8 465
- Kentwood O.w. Dillon Leadership Academy Grades: PK-6 | 370 students
1541 C.b. Temple Rd
Kentwood, LA 70444
(985) 229-8225 10.4 PK-6 370
- Amite Amite Westside Middle Magnet Grades: 5-8 | 406 students
401 West Oak Street
Amite, LA 70422
(985) 748-9073 11.6 5-8 406
Academic programs have improved tremendously. More opportunities for student success at all schools. All have been reconstituted. St. Helena College and Career Academy has new facilities (stadium with a track, classroom building, renovated gym, new cafeteria, additional classroom space). New parking lot, new band program, and new advanced curriculum that focus on post-secondary success. Football team is division champions. Added sports programs as well. All employees received a raise. New Early Learning Center for K-2 students. Complete turn-around in this school system.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
academic programs are few to student ratio...n not many available...no band for the past 2 years...hardly any extracurricular activities for students to get involved with...the facilities are very shabby andneeds lots of work and improvement...restroom, cafateria...gym...classes and field for track and or baseball,football,or other outside activities...parking lot needs to be expanded teaching cirriculum needs to be improved...teacher attendance needs to be better...hardly no parental involvement...
- Posted by Parent - www.m
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.