Stone High School
- Stone High School's student population of 775 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||775 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stone High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#272 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stone County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wiggins Stone Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 661 students
1652 East Central Ave
Wiggins, MS 39577
(601) 928-5473 1.6 K-5 661
- Perkinston Perkinston Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 550 students
40 Second Street
Perkinston, MS 39573
(601) 928-3380 4.9 K-5 550
- Brooklyn South Forrest Attendance Center Grades: K-8 | 620 students
8 Burborne Street
Brooklyn, MS 39425
(601) 545-7714 14.3 K-8 620
- Brooklyn Forrest County Agricultural Hi School Grades: 9-12 | 588 students
215 Old Hwy 49 East
Brooklyn, MS 39425
(601) 582-4741 14.8 9-12 588
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?