- Summit Academy-youngstown's student population of 213 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 24% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school / Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Summit Academy-youngstown's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#3007 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Summit Academy-Youngstown School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Steam Academy Of Akron Grades: K-6 | 176 students
1350 Virginia Ave
Akron, OH 44306
(330)773-1100 0.0 K-6 176
- Youngstown Choffin Career Center Grades: 11-12 | 78 students
200 E Wood St
Youngstown, OH 44503
(330)744-8700 0.5 11-12 78
- Youngstown Rayen Early College Grades: 6-8 | 187 students
731 S Hazelwood Ave
Youngstown, OH 44509
(330)744-7602 0.5 6-8 187
- Youngstown Youngstown Virtual Academy Grades: 9-12 | 40 students
20 W Wood St
Youngstown, OH 44503
(330)744-8750 0.7 9-12 40
- Youngstown East High School Grades: 7-12 | 1037 students
474 Bennington Ave
Youngstown, OH 44505
(330)744-6915 0.8 7-12 1037
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.