Sunrise Middle School
- Sunrise Middle School's student population of 449 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunrise Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#707 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Paradise Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Liberty Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 485 students
5125 E. Marilyn Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(602)449-6200 0.3 PK-6 485
- Phoenix Arizona Language Preparatory Grades: K-6 | 77 students
4645 E. Marilyn Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85063
(602)996-1595 0.4 K-6 77
- Phoenix Sage Academy Grades: K-8 | 120 students
1055 E Hearn Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85022
(602)485-3402 0.7 K-8 120
- Phoenix Freedom Academy Grades: K-8 | 419 students
3916 E Paradise Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)424-0771 0.8 K-8 419
- Phoenix Benchmark School Grades: K-6 | 405 students
4120 E. Acoma Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)765-3582 1.1 K-6 405
This was the worst school I've ever been to. I hated it. There is nothing fun you can do there. One of the teacher's make you put your phone in a sack of used gum if you're caught with it. You barely learn anything important or new. There are almost no extracurricular activities. The rewards are just plain stupid and for dumb reasons, the facilities are falling apart and one room leaks like crazy on one wall, and parents pretty much don't get involved at all. One assistant yells at people for sitting differently. The school pretty much is run by the vice principal who is a controlling communist.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - weege
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.