Sunrise Middle School
- Sunrise Middle School's student population of 469 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunrise Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#673 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Paradise Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Liberty Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 497 students
5125 E. Marilyn Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(602)449-6200 0.3 PK-6 497
- Phoenix Arizona Language Preparatory Grades: K-6 | 69 students
4645 E. Marilyn Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85063
(602)996-1595 0.4 K-6 69
- Phoenix Sage Academy Grades: K-8 | 147 students
1055 E Hearn Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85022
(602)485-3402 0.7 K-8 147
- Phoenix Freedom Academy Grades: K-8 | 403 students
3916 E Paradise Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)424-0771 0.8 K-8 403
- Phoenix Benchmark School Grades: K-6 | 426 students
4120 E. Acoma Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)765-3582 1.1 K-6 426
This was the worst school I've ever been to. I hated it. There is nothing fun you can do there. One of the teacher's make you put your phone in a sack of used gum if you're caught with it. You barely learn anything important or new. There are almost no extracurricular activities. The rewards are just plain stupid and for dumb reasons, the facilities are falling apart and one room leaks like crazy on one wall, and parents pretty much don't get involved at all. One assistant yells at people for sitting differently. The school pretty much is run by the vice principal who is a controlling communist.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - weege
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.