Sunrise Mountain High School
Sunrise Mountain High School serves 1,871 students in grades 7-12.
Sunrise Mountain High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 57% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
Sunrise Mountain High School's student population of 1,871 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
View the Sunrise Mountain High School yearly calendar below.
Sunrise Mountain High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,120 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Sunrise Mountain High School is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#315 out of 2120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education
Review Sunrise Mountain High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.