Sycamore Avenue Elementary School
- Sycamore Avenue Elementary School's student population of 395 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sycamore Avenue Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2578 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Connetquot Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bohemia Edward J Bosti Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 316 students
50 Bourne Blvd
Bohemia, NY 11716
(631)244-2291 0.9 PK-5 316
- Bohemia John Pearl Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 235 students
1070 Smithtown Ave
Bohemia, NY 11716
(631)244-2300 0.9 K-5 235
- Oakdale Oakdale-bohemia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 656 students
60 Oakdale-bohemia Rd
Oakdale, NY 11769
(631)244-2268 1.0 6-8 656
- Sayville Sayville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 723 students
291 Johnson Ave
Sayville, NY 11782
(631)244-6650 1.6 6-8 723
- West Sayville Cherry Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 415 students
155 Cherry Ave
West Sayville, NY 11796
(631)244-6700 1.9 K-5 415
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.