- Tamassee-salem Middle/high's student population of 247 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tamassee-salem Middle/high is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oconee 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tamassee Tamassee-salem Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 265 students
9950 North Highway 11
Tamassee, SC 29686
(864)886-4540 2.0 PK-5 265
- Seneca Keowee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 406 students
7051 Keowee School Road
Seneca, SC 29672
(864)886-4475 6.8 PK-5 406
- West Union Walhalla Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 590 students
508 Fowler Road
West Union, SC 29696
(864)886-4480 7.9 PK-5 590
- Walhalla Walhalla High School Grades: 9-12 | 989 students
4701 North Highway 11
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)886-4490 8.6 9-12 989
- Walhalla Walhalla Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 801 students
151 Razorback Lane
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)886-4485 8.6 6-8 801
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.