Tamassee-salem Elementary School
- Tamassee-salem Elementary School's student population of 265 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tamassee-salem Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oconee 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Tamassee-salem Middle/high Grades: 6-12 | 247 students
4 Eagle Lane
Salem, SC 29676
(864)886-4545 2.0 6-12 247
- West Union Walhalla Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 590 students
508 Fowler Road
West Union, SC 29696
(864)886-4480 7.1 PK-5 590
- Seneca Keowee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 406 students
7051 Keowee School Road
Seneca, SC 29672
(864)886-4475 7.3 PK-5 406
- Walhalla Walhalla High School Grades: 9-12 | 989 students
4701 North Highway 11
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)886-4490 7.7 9-12 989
- Walhalla Walhalla Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 801 students
151 Razorback Lane
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)886-4485 7.7 6-8 801
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.