West Oak Middle School
- West Oak Middle School's student population of 641 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||641 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Oak Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oconee 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westminster Westminster Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 490 students
206 Hamilton Street
Westminster, SC 29693
(864)886-4520 0.2 PK-5 490
- Westminster West-oak High School Grades: 9-12 | 948 students
130 Warrior Lane
Westminster, SC 29693
(864)886-4530 4.5 9-12 948
- Seneca Seneca High School Grades: 9-12 | 928 students
100 Bobcat Ridge
Seneca, SC 29678
(864)886-4460 5.8 9-12 928
- Walhalla James M. Brown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 595 students
225 Coffee Road
Walhalla, SC 29691
(864)886-4470 5.9 PK-5 595
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY PARENT.
- Posted by Parent - annie
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.