Taylor Elementary School
Taylor Elementary School serves 674 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Taylor Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 96% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 92% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Taylor Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Taylor Elementary School's student population of 674 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Taylor Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Taylor Elementary School is 0.40, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#48 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Taylor Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.