Teasley Elementary School
Teasley Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Teasley Elementary School's student population of 914 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||914 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Teasley Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,188 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#526 out of 2188 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cobb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Smyrna Argyle Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 421 students
2420 Spring Rd Se
Smyrna, GA 30080
(678)842-6800 1.3 PK-5 421
- Smyrna Griffin Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,403 student
4010 King Springs Rd Se
Smyrna, GA 30082
(678)842-6917 1.9 6-8 1,403
- Smyrna Nickajack Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1,123 student
4555 Mavell Rd Se
Smyrna, GA 30082
(678)842-5814 2.3 PK-5 1,123
My child has attended Teasley since Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. This used to be a wonderful school but year after year it just gets worst. The teachers lack enthusiasm and seem to not want to be there. They are more concerned with sharing the details of their personal lives with the children than actually instructing. Whenever you bring a concern up to any of the administration you are met with a combative attitude making it difficult to want to be involved with the school. For any instances of bullying when your child has a concern, if they attempt to report it to administration they are told that they are snitching. I have no idea what has happened to this school but I can't wait to get my child OUT!
- Posted by Parent - Parent