Tenaya Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 168 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 24%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10-14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Tenaya Elementary School?
168 students attend Tenaya Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
76% of Tenaya Elementary School students are White, 17% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are American Indian, 3% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Tenaya Elementary School?
Tenaya Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Tenaya Elementary School offer ?
Tenaya Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Tenaya Elementary School part of?
Tenaya Elementary School is part of Big Oak Flat-Groveland Unified School District.
Review Tenaya Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities