Godley Isd School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Godley Isd School District serving 1,894 students in Keene, Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas state average of 72%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Godley Isd School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Keene Godley Alternative 3625 E Hwy 67
Keene, TX 76059
Grades: n/a | n/a students
- Godley Godley Elementary School604 N Pearson
Godley, TX 76044
Grades: PK-3 | 660 students
- Godley Godley Intermediate School309 N Pearson
Godley, TX 76044
Grades: 4-6 | 419 students
- Godley Godley Middle School409 N Pearson
Godley, TX 76044
Grades: 7-8 | 296 students
- Grandview Jcssa 321 Zebra Pkwy
Grandview, TX 76050
Grades: 1-12 | n/a students
|School District Name||Godley Isd School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,894 students|
|# of Teachers||140 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||969 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||925 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||29 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||487 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||22 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,307 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||44 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||92|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||137|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||144|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||160|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||101|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Godley Isd School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1203 school districts in Texas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,236 is higher than the state average of $10,807. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,555 is higher than the state average of $11,097. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$26 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,236||$10,807|
|Spending / Student||$15,555||$11,097|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.