The Arts Based School
The Arts Based School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- The Arts Based School's student population of 518 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The Arts Based School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#432 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Arts Based School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winston Salem The Downtown School Grades: PK-8 | 412 students
601 N Cherry Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
(336)703-4125 0.3 PK-8 412
- Winston-salem Cook Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
920 11th Street Nw
Winston-salem, NC 27195
(336)703-4201 0.5 PK-5 269
- Winston Salem J F Kennedy High School Grades: 6-12 | 330 students
890 E 11th Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
(336)703-4143 0.5 6-12 330
- Winston Salem Kimberley Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 290 students
1700 Old Cherry Street
Winston Salem, NC 27105
(336)703-6731 1.0 PK-5 290
- Winston Salem Kingswood School Grades: PK-12 | 67 students
1001 Reynolda Road
Winston Salem, NC 27104
(336)703-4128 1.1 PK-12 67
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.