The Expedition School
- The Expedition School's student population of 326 students has grown by 42% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 66% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The Expedition School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#182 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||The Expedition School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Aristotle Preparatory Academy Grades: K-5 | 162 students
2461 Arty Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28208
(704)215-4550 0.5 K-5 162
- Concord Cabarrus Charter Academy Grades: K-10 | 1432 students
355 Poplar Crossing Drive Nw
Concord, NC 28027
(704)789-2500 0.5 K-10 1432
- Raleigh Central Wake Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 65 students
1425 Rock Quarry Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
(919)521-5067 0.5 9-12 65
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.