Third Street Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Third Street Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Third Street Elementary School's student population of 691 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||691 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Third Street Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Third Street Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles City Language Immersion Charter Grades: K-5 | 225 students
4041 Hilcrest Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
(323)294-4937 0.5 K-5 225
- Los Angeles John Burroughs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1842 students
600 S. Mccadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(323)549-5000 0.5 6-8 1842
- Los Angeles Citizens Of World 2 Elementary School Grades: K-7 | 504 students
5620 De Longpre Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)464-4063 0.9 K-7 504
- Los Angeles Citizens Of World 3 Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 368 students
11561 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(424)248-0544 1.0 K-5 368
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-2700 1.0 9-12 1380
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.