John Burroughs Middle School
John Burroughs Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- John Burroughs Middle School's student population of 1842 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,842 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Burroughs Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of John Burroughs Middle School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Citizens Of World 2 Elementary School Grades: K-7 | 504 students
5620 De Longpre Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)464-4063 0.5 K-7 504
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-2700 0.5 9-12 1380
- Los Angeles Third Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 691 students
201 S. June St.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)939-8337 0.5 K-5 691
- Los Angeles City High School Grades: 9-12 | 61 students
4650 Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(818)370-3289 0.6 9-12 61
- Los Angeles City Language Immersion Charter Grades: K-5 | 225 students
4041 Hilcrest Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
(323)294-4937 0.6 K-5 225