Wilshire Crest Elementary School
- Wilshire Crest Elementary School's student population of 207 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wilshire Crest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Wilshire Crest Elementary School is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Citizens Of World 2 Elementary School Grades: K-7 | 504 students
5620 De Longpre Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)464-4063 0.4 K-7 504
- Los Angeles Citizens Of World 3 Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 368 students
11561 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(424)248-0544 0.5 K-5 368
- Los Angeles John Burroughs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1842 students
600 S. Mccadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(323)549-5000 0.6 6-8 1842
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-2700 0.6 9-12 1380
- Los Angeles City High School Grades: 9-12 | 61 students
4650 Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(818)370-3289 0.7 9-12 61
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
We offer tips to help parents find the best fit in public education for their children, as well as how to know which public school their children should attend based on location.