Wilshire Crest Elementary School
Wilshire Crest Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Wilshire Crest Elementary School's student population of 150 students has declined by 32% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 54% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wilshire Crest Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 has increased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8546 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Citizens Of The World Charter School Silver Lake Grades: K-8 | 776 students
5616 Carlton Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323)462-2840 0.4 K-8 776
- Los Angeles Citizens Of The World Charter School Mar Vista Grades: K-6 | 594 students
11561 Gateway Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(424)248-0544 0.5 K-6 594
- Los Angeles John Burroughs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,790 student
600 S. Mccadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(323)549-5000 0.6 6-8 1,790
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,293 student
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-2700 0.6 9-12 1,293
- Los Angeles The City Grades: 6-12 | 351 students
11625 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310)273-2489 0.7 6-12 351
We examine proposed changes to high school athletic policies in both Ohio and Florida, which have been met with both support and opposition from residents of the states.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.