City Language Immersion Charter
- City Language Immersion Charter's student population of 225 students has grown by 82% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- City Language Immersion Charter is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of City Language Immersion Charter is Los Angeles Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,165 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,165||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Third Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 691 students
201 S. June St.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)939-8337 0.5 K-5 691
- Los Angeles John Burroughs Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1842 students
600 S. Mccadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
(323)549-5000 0.6 6-8 1842
- Los Angeles Los Angeles Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
4650 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323)900-2700 0.8 9-12 1380
- Los Angeles Wilshire Park Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 520 students
4063 Ingraham St.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(213)739-4760 0.8 K-5 520
- Los Angeles City High School Grades: 9-12 | 61 students
4650 Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(818)370-3289 0.9 9-12 61
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.