Thomas Johnson Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,282 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 23% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 38% MD state average), while 23% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MD state average).
How many students attend Thomas Johnson Middle School?
1,282 students attend Thomas Johnson Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
49% of Thomas Johnson Middle School students are Black, 45% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Asian, 2% of students are White, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Thomas Johnson Middle School?
Thomas Johnson Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Thomas Johnson Middle School offer ?
Thomas Johnson Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Thomas Johnson Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities