Greenbelt Middle School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,471 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 93%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MD
- Math Proficiency: 11% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 32% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
11% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 20% MD state average), while 32% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% MD state average).
How many students attend Greenbelt Middle School?
1,471 students attend Greenbelt Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
46% of Greenbelt Middle School students are Black, 38% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are White, 6% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Greenbelt Middle School?
Greenbelt Middle School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Greenbelt Middle School offer ?
Greenbelt Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Greenbelt Middle School part of?
Greenbelt Middle School is part of Prince George's County Public Schools School District.
Review Greenbelt Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities