Eleanor Roosevelt High School
Eleanor Roosevelt High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School's student population of 2,602 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 130 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,602 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||130 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#153 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lanham Magnolia Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 498 students
8400 Nightingale Dr
Lanham, MD 20706
(301)918-8770 1.0 PK-6 498
- Greenbelt Greenbelt Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 625 students
66 Ridge Rd
Greenbelt, MD 20770
(301)513-5911 1.1 PK-5 625
- Hyattsville Robert Frost Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 282 students
6419 85th Ave
Hyattsville, MD 20784
(301)918-8792 1.4 K-5 282
- Greenbelt Greenbelt Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1315 students
6301 Breezewood Dr
Greenbelt, MD 20770
(301)513-5040 1.5 6-8 1315
Most teachers are good teachers, some don't teach at all. A lot of clubs for students. Many sports teams, anybody can join as long as they're committed. The school is pretty clean, not too dirty. Most parents are actually involved and care about their children.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bkre1
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.