Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School's student population of 414 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-4|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#7 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rockford SD 205 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford King Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 314 students
1306 S Court St
Rockford, IL 61102
(815)966-3740 0.0 K-5 314
- Rockford Barbour Two-way Language Immersion Grades: K-8 | 739 students
1506 Clover Ave
Rockford, IL 61102
(815)966-3395 0.6 K-8 739
- Rockford Beyer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 300 students
333 15th Ave
Rockford, IL 61104
(815)966-3390 0.8 PK-5 300
- Rockford Jackson Charter School Grades: K-8 | 512 students
315 Summit St
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)316-0093 1.0 K-8 512
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.