Unionville Elementary School
Unionville Elementary School serves 685 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Unionville Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in North Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 69% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 42%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 64% (which is higher than the North Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the North Carolina state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the North Carolina state average of 52% (majority Black).
Unionville Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Unionville Elementary School's student population of 685 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Unionville Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,571 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Unionville Elementary School is 0.22, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NC)
Overall Testing Rank
#253 out of 2571 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NC Dept. of Education
Review Unionville Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.
All-Girl Public High Schools: Improving Confidence and College Success
While all-girl public high schools are not prevalent, their advantages are significant. Learn about the academic and social benefits of an all-girls education.