Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral
Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral Photo #2 - CCPFA Robotics partners with Mariner High School Tech Team
Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral's student population of 190 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral is 0.63, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#1713 out of 3633 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lee School District|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Tennis|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
CCPFA Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Martial Arts, Soccer, Tennis
- About Our School
- This is our schools third year in operation. At Cape Coral Prep, we believe that creating an excellent learning environment requires a strong and unwavering commitment to quality. Cape Coral Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a learning community that offers a safer and conducive learning environment because students feel included, nurtured, and connected to caring adults. We believe that all students will thrive at our school and rise to meet the high expectations that are set on a daily basis.
- The mission of Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy is to provide a first-rate standards-based academic and fitness program to students in grades K-8 emphasizing math, reading, writing, science and social studies, as well as tennis, martial arts, soccer and sports psychology and physiology, in an extended school day environment. Our foremost goal is to develop strong minds and strong bodies in each of our students, academically, socially, emotionally, physically, and technologically so that they are college and career ready, prepared to compete in a global society, and reach their highest potential.
- I am excited to celebrate another year as principal at Cape Coral Preparatory and Fitness Academy. I have been in education over 13 years working as a teacher in grades K-7th for 7 years and at the administrative level at the state, district, and school level for the other years in grades pre-K-12th. My goal is to ensure that all students move to higher levels of achievement and towards readiness to compete academically, socially, technologically, and globally, so that all students are career and college ready. My extensive experience as an educator, administrator, and teacher leader have given me a high degree of knowledge in multiple facets of education ranging from curriculum development in all subjects; professional development, teaching, and administration. My experience also includes teaching and working with many types of students, including but not limited to struggling learners, students in poverty, gifted and talented students, students with disabilities, and English learners. I believe in using best practices that are scientifically research-based and proven by data analysis and review to be effective in increasing student achievement. I look forward to meeting and working closely with you, your child’s teacher, and your child to help every student reach their full potential and achieve academic success.?
- Jennifer Fowler
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Unity Charter School Of Cape Coral is Cape Coral High School (0.3 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Challenger Middle School (1.2 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Skyline Elementary School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cape Coral Cape Coral High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,602 student
2300 Santa Barbara Blvd
Cape Coral, FL 33991
(239) 574-6766 0.3 9-12 1,602
- Cape Coral Skyline Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1,015 student
620 Sw 19th St
Cape Coral, FL 33991
(239) 772-3223 0.9 PK-5 1,015
- Cape Coral Patriot Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 723 students
711 Sw 18th St
Cape Coral, FL 33991
(239) 242-1023 1.1 PK-5 723
- Cape Coral Challenger Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,045 student
624 Trafalgar Pkwy
Cape Coral, FL 33991
(239) 242-4341 1.2 6-8 1,045
- Cape Coral Pelican Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 940 students
3525 Sw 3rd Ave
Cape Coral, FL 33914
(239) 549-4966 1.9 PK-5 940
I have two kids that attend this school. Both of them love it. They set high expectations for students and provide a very positive learning environment. The principal is very accessible and knowledgeable and really shows concern for doing what is best for students. Teachers and staff are also very caring and responsive to the needs of every child.
- Posted by Parent - n2tru
Jay McDowell, a public school teacher in Howell, evicted a student for making anti-homosexual comments, but now the instructor faces suspension. Learn about the national controversy that involves this local Michigan teacher.
A six-year old in Aurora, Colorado, was suspended after singing an LMFAO song to a little girl in his class and reportedly “shaking his booty.” We look at the case and the sexual harassment problem in public schools today.
After playing rapper Macklemore's "Same Love" pro-gay rights rap song in class, a Michigan teacher was suspended with no pay. We explore the controversy.