University Elementary School
University Elementary School serves 621 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
University Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 71% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Indiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Indiana state average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
University Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
University Elementary School's student population of 621 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
University Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,757 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of University Elementary School is 0.58, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#160 out of 1757 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IN Dept. of Education
Review University Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.
All-Girl Public High Schools: Improving Confidence and College Success
While all-girl public high schools are not prevalent, their advantages are significant. Learn about the academic and social benefits of an all-girls education.