University Place Primary
University Place Primary serves 516 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
University Place Primary placed in the top 20% of all schools in Washington for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75-79% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 50%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Washington state average of 61%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Washington state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is higher than the Washington state average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
University Place Primary's student population of 516 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
University Place Primary is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,052 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of University Place Primary is 0.70, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (WA)
Overall Testing Rank
#254 out of 2052 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, WA Dept. of Education
this school is a mess. I am a real student that goes to this school. most of the teachers are good and empathic but, very few of them don't pay attention to your problems and just punish you for no reason. my teacher is a very good person which is good, most of the teachers are. now, let's talk about education. they make learning hard and stressful. on top of that, they have so many rules at recess. that makes you have bad thoughts during school, which can make it hard to concentrate. if the rules at recess were fun and made sense then we would be in a good mood instead of a bad one. not all the rules are bad though. like no stopping on the track, it makes sense since you don't wanna cause traffic. but, at morning assembly they want you to have a book out before it starts, BUT THEY DONT LET YOU EVEN FINISH A SENTANCE. so want even the point of getting the book out anyway. I would recommend coming to this school if they changed some rules. other than that is OK.
Review University Place Primary. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Latest Public School Initiatives Against Gang Activity
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
How Well is Your School Prepared to Handle the H1N1?
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.
How Your Child Can Benefit from New Public School Laptop Programs
Learn about new laptop programs being instituted in public schools around the country, as well as how your child's education can benefit from the increased access to technology.